Sunday, January 25, 2015

Update!

I just got back from Aziz Ansari's standup show, and it was really funny!! I took special note of how he delievers his jokes, and his material in general. His opening act, was super funny... I can't remember his name, all I know is that he's a writer on one of my favorite shows Parks & Recreation. Anyways, I thought this guy's delivery for his jokes was nice. He was super casual and laid back, which I really enjoyed, and I thought it worked well for him. Just the way he slowly would walk about the stage, and the way he phrased his jokes showed he was confident in himself, and it appreaed as if he was talking to one of his friends. Aziz's style however, was a little different. Much like his opening act, Aziz did seem as if he was chatting with a friend, but Aziz was much more energetic and livley on stage. Aziz does this really funny thing where he acts out parts of his stories, and especially tonight, he would walk around the entire stage, so it made his stories come to life. Aziz also changes his tone of voice, and volume of voice depending on the point in the story. I've really been thinking about my personal standup style, and what it should be like. I haven't really done any standup- type shows in a long time, so I'm not really sure what my style will be like. I think I want to keep my style similiar to Aziz's opening act, I really enjoyed his casual delivery of his material, and I think it would fit well with my jokes. Also, I've been writting a lot of jokes recently, and I have a handful of them that I think are pretty funny. Hopefully I can write some more soon, and perfect I have the ones I have. Once I get some solid material, I need to start performing. I'm really nervous for performing, because there is nothing worse than not being funny. This fear is why I'm spending so much time writting material, because I want the audience to be fully engaged, and hopefully, think I'm funny. Let's hope I can come up with some more funny things, and be performing in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment